Cyber Security Challenges and protection for Autonomous vehicles and Solutions
An autonomous vehicle is one that can drive itself from a starting point to a predetermined destination in “autopilot” mode using various in-vehicle technologies and sensors, including adaptive cruise control, active steering (steer by wire), anti-lock braking systems (brake by wire), GPS navigation technology, lasers and radar. Autonomous cars create and maintain a map of their surroundings based on a variety of sensors situated in different parts of the vehicle
HOW TO PROTECT AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
To better secure autonomous vehicles, three risk levels should be taken into account:
1. Critical hardware and software components that receive over-the-air updates must have supply chains that are adequately understood and protected.
2. The vehicle’s operating system must use an interface that is secure and equipped to repel cyber security threats.
3. Vehicle operating centres need to be secure.
Cyber Security Challenges and protection Tips
- Create a extraordinary key: There’s a good chance your vehicle comes with a default password that might be easy for hackers to guess.
- Cities should deploy multiple networks instead of one: Depending on a single network puts connected vehicles at greater risk from potential attacks. By creating many small networks, cities can greatly reduce the risks.
- Prioritize security: Vehicle makers should ensure that app designers are focused on making sure that the apps are secure prior to their installation in vehicles
- Shut off GPS: Current vehicle GPS systems are easily hacked through what’s known as “GPS spoofing”. This is where a bad actor interferes with a GPS location system by using a radio signal. For example, a hacker could use spoofing to halt a car in its tracks by tricking it into thinking it has reached its destination. Therefore, GPS should only be enabled when needed.
- Install and update your products with right internet security products. (find Right products visit- Findmyshopping.com
Recommending to Kaspersky, Fortinet, Trendmicro, K7 Computing leading major cybersecurity application protect and defend. Fortuler business Solutions expertise will be added advantage for your services and questions. for further if any clarification please free to contact us. [email protected]